Friday, September 10, 2010

The Aesthetic

Aside from the literature, art, and fashion aspects of Steampunk that I do so enjoy, I also try to live in the aesthetic and fantasy as much as I possibly can. The one room of my house that is dedicated to the style is my room. I have a gorgeous vintage/antique bedroom set (had it since I was a kid) and have added various found items to complete the scene. Found the shadow box on the wall at the thrift store for 20 bucks. I have a large collection of essential oils in the background and the lamp (which really needs a dusting) I got 1/2 price (it's cracked) from my sister in law when she had her store in downtown Mt Clemens. There are many other items I have found that I will share in the near future.

Thinking thinking about what to do for the giveaway. Gearing up to take some pics of my new super stash to post on Monday. Picnic this weekend, and of course I'll be dead from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment