Monday, April 4, 2011

The Black Ibis Project ::: KICKSTARTER

To be an artist is a challenge, to be an artist with huge dreams is even more of a challenge. I understand this very well, having scrimped and saved, sacrificed things for my self, in the name of art and making art.



When I first became familiar with Bethalynne's work, I was floored. Looking at a all of the detail, I imagined all of the painstaking hours and years of hard work that she has poured into her work. When I asked how she did it, she hinted along the lines of digital collage & painting. And again, I was amazed again at the sheer intricacies of her work because THAT was a whole different ball game.

"The Black Ibis is a simple story that revolves around one sister trying to find the other sister who has become lost. It becomes not so simple when we find the other sister has become lost in underground world of secret cities and dark cabarets. This is a pretty basic premise for a story, especially one based on this type of fantasy. However, this is my dark fairy tale so it's an absurd, surreal little story seeped in my wonky characters and artwork style. I'm hoping others will enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed creating it. I am so proud to have seen it from starting idea and doodles to having a finished illustrated story and two tarot decks to show for. Samples of the Black Ibis (and I am adding to this page often) can be found here: http://bethalynnebajema.com/scriptorium/?page_id=1921

What I want to do is earn enough money to invest in the initial printing of the first book of the Black Ibis graphic novel series and the major arcana tarot deck that goes along with the novel. I want to do this so I can offer the book and tarot deck at the World Steam Expo this coming May. It will be the first time I've attempted a more formal launch of a project of mine. Normally my work is print on demand because I seldom have the funds to make large orders and keep a ready stock of my own work on hand. "

I hope that I have had the absolute pleasure to introduce you to something new. But whether or not you are familiar with Bethalynne's work, I hope that you will consider supporting this project to help fund a hard working artist dreams. Not only in the name of The Black Ibis, but also in the name of ART!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment